We might have to call this shocker Thursday. We hope that becomes apparent below as we take a look at the top five sports storylines making headlines across Minnesota:
1) The NFL actually followed through and delivered meaningful punishments to the New Orleans Saints for the BountyGate scandal.
2) All the cool kids are headed to New York. Tim Tebow to the Jets (and not the Packers). Tubby Smith to Madison Square Garden (and not New Orleans).
3) Former Gopher QB Adam Weber, now Peyton Manning's backup in Denver, says he's thrilled by Manning's arrival. What is he going to say? "I don't think I'll be able to learn anything from the guy?"
4) No Rubio. No Pekovic. No chance for the Wolves in San Antonio last night. The big road trip is almost over, along with the Wolves playoff chances, it seems.
5) Mikko Koivu returns to the ice tonight for the Minnesota Wild. He tells the Star Tribune "we want to show what we can do in the last push here." With 10 games left, it will take a Herculean push to make the NHL playoffs -- but you never know...