Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, stepped into the spotlight at the Republican National Convention Wednesday night for a speech laced with stinging barbs for the Obama administration. Some of his one-liners seemed to resonate better with the crowd than others. Among the potshots and comedy bits:
– “Good evening everyone, and welcome to Barack Obama’s retirement party!”
– “I hear Joe’s (Biden) particularly interested in tonight’s proceedings. He even thought about coming here to Tampa. And he’s taking notes because when Paul Ryan speaks, Joe will finally get to hear what a real vice president sounds like!
– “But you know, President Obama isn’t as bad as people say, he’s actually worse.”
– “The president takes more vacations than that guy on the Bizarre Foods show.”
– “And I’ll give Barack Obama credit for creating jobs these last four years – for golf caddies.”
– “I’ve come to realize that Barack Obama is the tattoo president. Like a big tattoo, it seemed cool when you were young.
But later on, that decision doesn’t look so good, and you wonder: what was I thinking?”
– “Barack Obama’s failed us. But look, it’s understandable. A lot of people fail at their first job.”
– “With any luck, in a few months, Barack Obama will at last get some experience in the private sector.”